HOME       ABOUT OUR WORK       OUR BLOGS

Thursday 19 October 2017

Meet Cohort 3!!




BLOG 1

Last weekend we arrived in Navrongo and settled into our host homes in our pairs. Week 2 has been off to a busy start, preparing for our first sensitisation and radio show next week on Youth Confidence and meeting with Community Development Committees. This week's post will be introducing our fantastic, diverse team before updating you all with of our work over the upcoming weeks.

TEAM LEADERS

Photo credit: Cameron Johnson

Name: Nana Opoku-Ware

Age: Early 30’s

Where are you from? : Kumasi, Ashanti Region, Ghana

What are you most excited about working with Youth Alive? : I’m passionate about youth development and since Youth Alive has its mandate to empower the youth and give them a voice to become active citizens in their communities, I’m excited to work with them.

What’s the most interesting thing about you: I love cooking and I’m passionate about the things I do which drives me to get things done no matter the difficulty.





Photo credit: Cameron Johnson



Name: Jasmine Eeles

Age: 23

Where are you from?: Bedford, England

What are you most excited about working with Youth Alive?: As a team leader, I am able to watch team members develop and overcome challenges throughout the cohort, so I’m excited about what the upcoming team will achieve individually and as a team. 

Something interesting about yourself?: I enjoy travelling (India, Indonesia, Burma) and I’m a big animal lover!





THE TEAM


Photo credit: Cameron Johnson


Name: Tahidu Rahama

Age: 20

Where are you from?: Tamale, Northern Region, Ghana

What are you most excited about working with Youth Alive? : I’m excited to work with Youth Alive because I want to work to create confidence in the youth to give them a voice.

What’s the most interesting thing about you?: One interesting thing about me is that I like reading a lot and my favourite book is Ananse in the land of the Idiots






Photo credit: Chloe Ellis

Name: Cameron Johnson

Age: 18

Where are you from?: A small county called Clackmannanshire in Scotland

What am I most excited about working with youth Alive?:  I am excited to work with young people and help them to combat the issues facing them growing up in Northern Ghana

Something interesting about youurself?: I CAN DRINK A 500ML SACHET OF WATER IN 5,8 SECONDS

Photo credit: Cameron Johnson


Name: Raphael Asupah

Age: 21

Where are you from? : Sandema, Upper East Region, Ghana

What are you most excited about working with Youth Alive? : I’m excited about Youth Alive’s mission of educating the Youth and discouraging early child marriage which is rampant in the Northern part of Ghana

Something interesting about yourself? I like singing and smiling.







Photo credit: Cameron Johnson


Name: Katey Forster

Age: 22 but my birthday is on Monday (October 23rd)! Ghanaian birthday!

Where are you from?: Edinburgh, Scotland

What are you most excited about working with Youth Alive?: I’m excited to get stuck in with the work this NGO is doing and get out into the local communities. The first few days of work have got me really excited to start working with the rest of the team and hopefully make a difference here in Navrongo.

Something interesting about yourself?: I love to cook! I also love to take photographs so I am hoping to capture lots of what we are doing here with Youth Alive to show everyone.



Photo credit: Cameron Johnson

Name: Narian Lincoln

Age: 25

Where are you from?: Kumasi, Ashanti Region, Ghana

What are you most excited about working with Youth Alive?: I’m excited to be a part of Youth Alive because I’m going out to empower and encourage someone to become their better selves.

Something interesting about you? I like swimming but I don’t know how to swim. The UK volunteers are teaching me though.








Photo credit: Cameron Johnson
Name: Jay Seymour

Age: 21

Where are you from?: Kent, England

What are you most excited about working with Youth Alive?: I think the thing I am looking forward to the most about working with Youth Alive is working with the team that we have. So we have people from different countries, different backgrounds, different societies, and I believe that we have a really strong team. Everyone has great opinions, great ideas and I’m looking forward to using those to help the youth in Ghana.

Something interesting about you? If you tell me your birthday I will remember it forever.





Photo credit: Cameron Johnson

Name: Ephraim Ekow Eshun

Age: 24

Where are you from? Cape Coast, Central Region, Ghana, 

What are you most excited about working with Youth Alive?: I am excited about working with Youth Alive because I am keen to improve my knowledge on development issues and also impact society in my own small way by empowering the youth and other vulnerable groups.

Something interesting about you?: I love sleeping and video games. 








Photo credit: Cameron Johnson
Name: Chloe Ellis

Age: 21, but my birthday is on the 1st of November so I’ll be having my birthday in Ghana and I’m really excited about that!

Where are you from?: Manchester, England

What are you most excited about working with Youth Alive?: I’m most excited about developing my own understanding of International Development and working with children and the youth promoting human rights.

Something interesting about you? I'm so small that I can fit into kids clothes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment